Monday, July 16, 2007

Tripping in Mexico




























I received an email just recently asking if I had any old photo's taken from "Yucatan camping" trips that I ran while operating "On Belay". As I was looking through some of my files It got me to thinking about these "clients" and friends and what has happened so quickly since those days. Babies, new relationships, more babies then, kids growing to adults, people on the move, new jobs and some wonderful continuing relationships. When-ever I would pimp up my trips I always kept two things in mind. If someone didn't go, that was better for me, if they did go it was better for the both of us. For those of you that didn't "catch that wave" then....well I told you it was all going to expire slowly with those experiences being strangled by development. But there is hope.
"Seattle", (Chief Seatlh) wrote....."There is no death. Only a change of worlds". I believe that applies that to this little world that we all shared. And in the meantime I have found many more of those new worlds waiting to welcome the both of us.
The last time I checked I noticed that I have over 7000 photos on my computer and about 3800 are from Mexico trips. At one time I hosted many of these on other sites but have removed them since. When I started this blog I wanted to minimize the photos and concentrate on writing about what happened during the period they were taken, but here are a few.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephen - Mona - Speaking of old friends. Are you out there????

I happened to be talking about you to a friend in Kasota, MN. I figured you moved out to Mexico.

Can I come??? I'm close to retirement and ready to hang on the beach!!!

Where are you?

Old Friend - Cheryl Jones - Old Rover - used to date Bjork - moved to Colorado.....